$50 Instant Savings! (Was $399.99)
Special Sale Ends July 19, 8 PM EST
*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
It's All Under Control With the The Zoom H8 Handy Recorder
With it's 12 simultaneous recording tracks, App-driven touchscreen interface and an interchangeable capsule system, it's all under control. The H8 Handy Recorder is designed to meet all your audio recording needs.
Whether you’re capturing audio on location, recording music, or producing a podcast, the H8 color touchscreen adapts to your project’s needs with three App-driven interface options. All with the touch of your finger.
The Podcast App
The Podcast App makes high-production quality simple. With dedicated Sound Pads, use the touch screen to trigger sound effects, music beds and more. Choose from 13 high quality sounds or load your own via an SD card. The Podcast app accommodates up to 4 mics and two Sound Pad channels.
The Music App
The Music App puts all the important controls at your fingertips: audio levels, faders, metering and more. With 10 inputs and 12 tracks, capturing a large group is easy. Mix, overdub, and enhance your recordings with EQ and compression. Connect to Zoom’s Guitar Lab via USB to access an endless assortment of amps and effects.
The Field App
The Field App is ideal for location sound, sound design, conferences, and more. It gives you instant access to large meters for every track, so you can make sure your recordings never clip. Adjust input type, lo-cut, compress, limiter, noise gate, and other key settings.
The XYH-6 Mic Capsule
The H8 comes with the Zoom XYH-6 microphone already included, itself providing two matched high-quality unidirectional mics, for capturing focused signal directly in front of the recorder. (MSH-6, XYH-5, SGH-6, EXH-6, SSH-6 Mic capsules for H8 each sold separately.)
You can monitor level meters and hit REC,PLAY, and STOP in each H8 application mode. Just insert the BTA-1 to your H8 and connect to your iOS device.
Inputs and Outputs
H8 offers 4 XLR inputs with dedicated pad switches and gain control. 2 additional XLR/TRS combo jacks with Hi-Z switches allow you to capture line level signals, microphones, or directly record electric guitars and basses. Monitor tracks using the built-in 1/8” headphone output or connect directly to your camera using the dedicated stereo line output.
Multi-Channel Audio Interface
The H8 is a powerful USB audio interface. Connect via USB to your PC, Mac, iPad or tablet for up to 12 channels of simultaneous recording.
- Customized Applications For Field Recording, Music And Podcasting
- 3 Distinct Interfaces For Field Recording, Music And Podcasting
- Interchangeable Input Capsules
- 12-Track Simultaneous Recording
- Four Mic Inputs And Two XLR/TRS Combo Connectors
- Gain Control Knobs And -20dB Pads For Each Input
- Supplied XYH-6 X/Y Capsule Provides Secondary Input Via A Stereo 1/8" Mic/Line In Mini Phone Jack
- Phantom Power for Four Main XLR Inputs: +12/+24/+48V
- Large Color LCD Touchscreen Display
- Records Directly to SD, SDHC and SDXC Cards up to 512GB
- Up to 24-bit /96kHz Audio in BWF-Compliant WAV or a Variety of MP3 Formats
- Auto-Record, Pre-Record and Backup-Record Functions Mean That You'll Never Miss That Perfect Take
- Built-in Effects, Including Low-cut Filtering, Compression, And Limiting
- Multichannel and Stereo USB Audio Interface for PC/Mac/iPad
- Number Of Input Channels: 8 (XY mic capsule, 1-4, A, B)
- Number Of Output Channels: 2 (stereo headphone and stereo line)
- Mic In: Zoom mic connector
- Input 1-4: XLR jacks (2: HOT)
- Input A/B: XLR/TRS combo jacks (XLR: 2 hot, TRS: TIP hot)
- USB: USB Micro-B(audio interface, mass storage and Guitar Lab connection functions) Note: Use a USB cable that supports data transfer; operation using USB bus power is possible.
- Remote: Zoom BTA-1 or other dedicated wireless adapter
- Line Out: 3.5 mm stereo mini
- Phone Out: 3.5 mm stereo mini
- Phantom Power: +24 V/+48 V (independent ON/OFF for INPUTS 1–4, A and B)
- Recording Media: Cards that support SD/SDHC/SDXC specifications
- Formats: WAV: 44.1/48/96 kHz, 16/24-bit, mono/stereoMP3: 128, 192, 320 kbps
- Maximum Simultaneous Recording Tracks: 12 (MIC IN, backup recording, 1-4, A, B, and LR)
- Multitrack Mode: 44.1/48/96 kHz, 16/24-bit, 12-in/2-out
- Stereo Mix Mode: 44.1/48 kHz, 24-bit, 2-in/2-out
- Tuner: Chromatic/Guitar/Bass/Open A/Open D/Open E/Open G/DADGAD
- Built-in Speaker: 400 mW 8 ohm mono speaker
- Display: 2.4" (320×240) full-color touchscreen LCD
- Power: 4 AA batteries (alkaline, NiMH or lithium)AC adapter (ZOOM AD-17): DC 5 V/1AUSB bus power
- Using XY mic, 44.1 kHz/24-bit (stereo × 1): about 15:00
- (The above values are approximate. Continuous battery operation times were determined using in-house testing methods. They will vary greatly according to use conditions.)
Dimensions and Weight
- External Dimensions H8: 116.4 mm (W) × 163.3 mm (D) × 48.6 mm (H)
- XYH-6: 78.9 mm (W) × 60.2 mm (D) × 45.2 mm (H)
- Weight H8: 354 g XYH-6: 130
In The Box
- Zoom H8 Handy Recorder
- Zoom XYH-6 X/Y Mic Capsule
- AA Batteries (x4)
- Zoom H8 Quick Guide
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.