*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Sounds Like the Pros With the Universal Audio SD-1 Standard Dynamic Microphone - White
The SD-1 is Universal Audio’s flagship dynamic microphone for recording and live use, featuring a cardioid polar pattern, selectable low cut and articulation boost switches, and Apollo Channel Strip Presets for instant pro sound.
Capture Your Best, Every Time
With the SD-1 Standard Dynamic Microphone, you can capture vocals, instruments, livestreams, and podcasts like a pro, quickly giving you polished studio sound that’s broadcast-ready.
Get Pro Vocals, Anywhere
The SD‑1 delivers studio-grade sound and style, no matter where you record. It’s tailor‑made for close-miked speech and vocals, with a simple design that rejects background noises like fans, refrigerators, and noisy bandmates.
Shape Your Sound With Quick Controls
Reduce rumble and mud from your recordings with the SD‑1’s selectable low cut filter. And with its enhanced articulation boost, vocals and instruments will instantly stand out with added presence.
Apollo Channel Strip Presets
Take the guesswork out of getting polished sound with Apollo's custom SD‑1 mic presets, featuring radio-ready EQ and compression settings for vocals, guitars, and broadcasts.
Deck Out your Desktop Studio
With a sleek modern design and rear-mounted XLR jack for easy cable runs, the SD‑1 will instantly level-up your production space. Whether it’s music, podcasts, livestreams, or Zoom meetings, your new go-to home studio mic has arrived.
Capture Your Best Recordings Yet
The SD-1 features an internal shockmount and built-in windscreen, meaning your recordings and livestreams will automatically sound cleaner, with less handling noise and breath sound.
- Dynamic studio vocal microphone with low cut and articulation boost
- Cardioid polar pattern rejects off‑axis sounds and room noise
- Flat frequency response (50 Hz–16 kHz) for natural‑sounding recordings
- Shape vocals and instruments with SD‑1 Apollo Channel Strip Presets
- Internal shockmount reduces low‑end rumble and mechanical noise
- Rear-mounted XLR jack for easy cable management
- Built-in windscreen reduces plosives and breath noise
- Quality UA craftsmanship and stylish, rugged build
- Microphone Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 50 Hz – 16 kHz
- Sensitivity: -58 dB (1.3 mV) ref 1V at 1 Pa, 1 kHz
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: > 1 K Ohms
- Adjustable Controls
- Low Cut Filter (200 Hz): Off, On
- Articulation Boost: (3 – 5 kHz): Off, On
- Connector: 3-Pin XLRM
- Included Accessory: ⅝ inch to ⅜ inch Thread Adapter
- Dimensions: 7.68 inches (195 mm) length, 2.36 inches (60 mm) diameter
- Weight: 1.6 lbs (735 g)
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.