The RODE Podcaster is a dynamic, end-address USB microphone that combines broadcast-quality audio with the simplicity of USB connectivity, allowing recording direct to a computer without the need for an additional digital interface.
Including an audiophile quality 18-bit resolution, 48kHz sampling A/D converter, the Podcaster processes all of the analog-to-digital conversion internally, bypassing the computer's lower quality on-board sound controller altogether.
A headphone output on the microphone body provides zero-latency monitoring, so the user can hear exactly what is being recorded, free of delay or echo.
The Podcaster features an internal pop filter, designed to minimize plosives sounds that can overload the microphone capsule and distort the audio output.
It is fully compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8, and Mac OS X computers, as well as several Linux distributions. The microphone is bus-powered and features a status LED to indicate operation.
The Podcaster is ideal for podcasting, vodcasting, YouTube videos, voice recognition software, corporate videos, and any production application that requires a simple yet professional voice-over microphone. It is also a convenient demo microphone for musicians and songwriters that prefer the convenience of a USB microphone but don't want to compromise sound quality.
It can also be used as an iPad microphone for the Apple iPad (in conjunction with the iPad Camera Connection Kit and a powered USB hub) to provide high-quality recordings to various iPad audio applications such as Garageband.
The Podcaster includes a sturdy RM2 microphone ring mount. For professional applications, the optional PSM1 shock mount and PSA1 boom arm are highly recommended.
The RODE Podcaster USB microphone is designed and made in Australia, and covered by RODE Microphones' industry-leading 10-year warranty.
- Broadcast Sound Quality
- 28mm dynamic capsule
- 18-bit resolution, 8-48kHz sampling
- Windows and Mac compatible
- Powered by USB bus
- Internal capsule shock mounting
- 3.5mm stereo headphone output with volume control built-in to the body
- Ideal for voice recognition software
- 10 year extended warranty when you register your microphone
- Acoustic Principle - Dynamic
- Active Electronics - Analogue signal conditioning + A/D and USB interface
- Polar Pattern - Cardioid
- Resolution - 24-bit
- Sampling Rate - 44-96kHz
- Address Type - End
- Frequency Range - 40Hz - 14kHz
- Maximum SPL - 115dBSPL
- Sensitivity - -51.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (2.80mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Power Options - USB bus powered
- Weight - 655.00g
- Dimensions - 215.00mmH x 56.00mmW x 52.00mmD
- Output - USB Output
- Warranty - 1 year with free extension to 10 years following registration
Manufacturer: Rode Microphones
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA49811