*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Get The Microphone That is Defining a New Generation of Studio Microphones - The Neumann TLM 102 Cardioid Condenser Microphone Studio Set - Nickel
The TLM 102 sounds as smart as it looks! Its newly developed large diaphragm condenser capsule has all the qualities that made Neumann microphones the first choice in recording studios all over the world: a clear and focused sound with superb definition. Due to its remarkably linear response across the entire midrange, the TLM 102 is able to capture the authentic character of any voice or instrument, enhanced by a slight lift around 10 kHz for silky highs. The TLM 102 has gorgeous bottom end, too, enriched by the well-controlled proximity effect of a large diaphragm cardioid capsule. A joy for every singer!
The TLM 102's technical performance is impressive, too. Its self-noise of only 12 dB-A is much lower than the ambient noise in even a very quiet room. At the same time, the TLM 102 is capable of handling extreme sound pressure levels of up to 144 dB free from distortion. As a member of the TLM range, the TLM 102 is equipped with a transformerless output stage, which means: powerful bass, even at highest signal levels, and a very direct sound without transmission losses.
- Compact microphone with genuine Neumann large diaphragm capsule
- Uniform cardioid pattern
- Transformerless circuitry for high SPLs without distortion
- Very low self-noise
- Gentle treble lift for silky highs
- Integrated pop screen
Big Sound For Small Studios
Due to its enormous dynamic range of 132 dB and a remarkably uniform cardioid pickup pattern, the TLM 102 is a very easy to use microphone for home and project studios, and also for demanding live applications. Its uncolored sound and fast transient response make the TLM 102 an excellent choice for male and female vocals as well as a wide range of instruments, such as acoustic and electric guitar, bass guitar and double bass, drums, percussion, brass, saxophone. The TLM 102 is a true workhorse for any small studio!
- Acoustical Operating Principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity (at 1 kHz into 1 Kohm): 11 mV/Pa
- Rated Impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated Load Impedance: 1 Kohms
- Equivalent Noise Level: CCIR 21 dB (CCIR), 12 dB-A (A-Weighted)
- Signal-to-noise Ratio (rel. 94 dB SPL): 73 dB (CCIR), 82 dB (A-Weighted)
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 144 dB
- Maximum Output Voltage: 13 dBu
- Supply Voltage (P48, IEC 61938): 48 V ± 4 V
- Current Consumption (P48, IEC 61938): 3.5 mA
- Matching Connector: XLR3F
- Weight: 0.46 lb / 0.21 kg
- Diameter: 2.05 inches / 52 mm
- Length: 4.57 inches / 116 mm
- Package Contents
- TLM 102 Microphone
- EA 4 Shock Mount
Model: TLM 102 STUDIO SET
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.