Get Legendary Quality With a Neumann TLM 102 Studio Set Cardioid Condenser MicrophoneNeumann developed the TLM 102 as a universal talent for vocal and instrumental recordings. Its finely tuned sound signature especially accents the area of 8 to 12 kilohertz which is crucial for human voices. The recordings get a silky elegance which is typical for large-diaphragm microphones; the voice gets a noble presence in the overall mix. Suddenly, there's a natural, organic separation between your vocal and your acoustic guitar, for example. Nevertheless, the TLM 102 remains easy to handle and deals masterfully with critical consonants or sibilants: It has an integrated pop shield.
High Volume? No Problem At AllThe TLM 102 also processes extreme volume and jumps in dynamics without distortion. That makes it an excellent choice for miking loud amps and drums. It reproduces sound pressure levels of up to 144 dB (e.g. very loud trumpet at a distance of 10 cm) with great clarity: open, detailed, with powerful bass and refined treble.
Talking About The PriceThe TLM 102 stands for legendary sound at an unheard of price. Neumann remodeled the production and omitted rarely used functions (such as pattern, pad, and low cut switches). When you hear the TLM 102, you'll immediately notice what we did not omit: the Neumann sound, which remains faithful to its big role models.
TLM: Clear Sound, Powerful BassThe TLM series works with a transformerless output stage. This means a clean and direct sound, very close to the acoustic source, and a powerful bass transmission all the way down to the lowest frequencies. Its transformerless output stage also makes the microphone resistant to electromagnetic fields and minimizes transmission losses.
*Does not include pictured microphone stand
- Easy handling for vocal and instrumental recordings
- Distortion-free sound even at extreme sound pressure levels
- Slight treble boost for silky vocals (independent of music genre)
- Built-in pop shield
- Neumann quality at an affordable price
- Acoustical operating principle
- Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern Cardioid
- Frequency range 20 Hz-20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 Kohm 11 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance 1 Kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR 21 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted 12 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR (rel. 94 dB SPL) 73 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted (rel. 94 dB SPL) 82 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5% 144 dB
- Maximum output voltage 13 dBu
- Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938) 48 V ± 4 V
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938) 3.5 mA
- Matching connector XLR3F
Model: TLM 102 BK STUDIOSET
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.