Never Run Out Of Juice With This Backup Battery With The Furman F1500-UPS 1500VA Uninterruptible Power Supply
Uninterruptible power supply - battery backup / power conditioner. 2RU, AVR, RS-232 & USB Interface; BlueBOLT compatible.
The Furman F1500-UPS battery backup is designed exclusively for audio/video professionals and home theater aficionados.
For decades, traditional audio/video components were simple analog devices designed to easily weather power outages of well over two seconds. Later, as computer and microprocessor based components gained in popularity, their extraordinary sensitivity to even a fraction of a second's power loss was managed with traditional UPS (uninterruptible power supply) technology.
Unfortunately, these units were solely designed for the I.T. professional. Though they included many technologies and features appropriate to that application, they fell short for premium audio/video components. Though many of these manufacturers later recognized the ever-emerging professional audio/video, broadcast, and home theater market, their lack of experience led merely to a re-tooled chassis. These hastily produced UPS devices lacked the technologies necessary to truly optimize protection, performance, and control for today's audio video components.
The Furman F1500-UPS more than fills this void, and offers your system unparalleled battery back-up technology, created from the ground up to meet the exacting demands of the world's most sensitive audio, video and control systems!
Typical UPS systems feature antiquated surge suppression technologies that can cause as much damage and annoying lock-ups as they attempt to prevent. Only Furman offers battery back-up with our road-proven SMP non-sacrificial, zero ground contamination surge suppression technology and EVS Extreme Voltage Shutdown. After all, the most robust battery cannot function if the accompanying circuits are damaged. With Furman's F1500-UPS, you can expect years of trouble free operation.
Though many control devices are relatively immune to moderate levels of AC line noise, today's more sensitive devices (such as DLP projectors and line-level signal processors) certainly are not. High-definition technologies have pushed resolution to levels so extreme that virtually any AC noise capable of coupling with your system's signal will distort, mask, or destroy the performance advantages we all strive so hard to capture and reproduce. Once again, the F1500-UPS is different. While other UPS devices feature AC line filters suitable for an IT closet, only Furman employs our exclusive Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT) to four discrete isolated outlet banks. This advanced noise filtering technology assures that today's ultra-wide dynamic range is maintained as it must be pristine. Remember, less AC noise equals greater content, greater resolution, and higher definition.
TRUE SINE WAVE OUTPUT
The F1500-UPS provides True Sine Wave output when in battery backup mode, ensuring the utmost reliability to all connected equipment while running on battery power.
At 1500VA, the F1500-UPS provides substantial backup time for most critical digital A/V components (see runtime chart). If more runtime is needed, 1500VA battery packs (BATT1500E-EXT) may be daisy chained to double, triple, and further increase runtime as the application demands.
PROGRAMMABILITY & CONTROL
Audio/video systems can vary greatly in their size and components, and as such, flexibility is needed in determining how a battery backup solution should function under different circumstances. Because of this, Furman has provided open source RS-232 control over four independent AC outlet banks, with a wide range of features to interface with an existing control unit. Dual program
- Furman’s exclusive SMP technology provides the highest level of surge & spike protection available.
- LiFT offers AC power filtering to ensure clean power for unequaled audio & video clarity.
- Advanced EVS circuitry detects dangerous voltage irregularities and safely powers down itself and connected equipment in unsafe conditions.
- Digital indicators provide information on power quality and operational status of unit.
- 1500VA true sine wave battery backup protects your data in a power failure allowing the opportunity to save your applications, programs, and shut-down the system gracefully .
CRITICAL LOAD MANAGEMENT
- Critical Load Management prioritizes the allocation of temporary power to connected equipment.
- Dual Learning IR Blasters allow safe shutdown of remote components.
- BlueBOLT TCP/IP interface provides remote control to reboot components, power equipment on or off, and monitor power quality from anywhere in the world.
- Custom programming provides control of unit via RS-232 card (included) or optional TCP/IP interface card (sold separately)
12 AMP RATING
- 12 Amp rating featuring a circuit breaker for added protection.
EIGHT TOTAL OUTLETS
- Eight total outlets rear outlets in isolated banks (Critical and Non-Critical loads).
STANDARD VOLTAGE REGULATION
- Standard level automatic voltage regulation (AVR) delivers a stable 120 volts of AC power to protect equipment from problems caused by AC line voltage irregularities.
POWER CONTROL SOFTWARE
- Easy to use power control software assists you in maximizing the performance of your UPS.
OPTIONAL BATTERY EXTENSION PACK
- External battery packs (sold separately) are available and may be daisy-chained to the F1500-UPS increase battery capacity.
- Family: F-Battery
- Line Voltage: 120 (Volts)
- Number of Outlets: 8
- Number of Isolated Banks: 2
- Outlet Descriptions: All 8 outlets surge protected, linearly filtered, and backud up
- Rack Mountable: Yes
- Rack Ears Included: Yes
- Front Panel Meter(s): LCD Displays status and menu navigation items
- Front Media Light(s): No
- Control: Remote control through RS-232 interface card or via internet with BlueBOLT-CV1 card (sold separately)
- AC Power Cord: Heavy duty captive power cord
- Dimensions: 17" W (19" w/ rack ears) x 19.2" D x 3.5" H (4" tall with feet installed)
- Weight: 72 lbs.
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA22468