Get A Classic Microphone Sporting A Stealthy Look - The Electro-Voice RE20 Classic Variable-D Dynamic Cardioid Microphone in Black
It is with great excitement today that Electro-Voice is announcing to you the new Electro-Voice RE20-BLACK - a new color option for the classic RE20 broadcast microphone, sporting an elegant, low-reflection dark charcoal finish.
The RE20 has continued to be a firm favorite of broadcasters, musicians, and sound engineers around the world since its introduction more than 50 years ago. The RE20-BLACK offers customers an aesthetic alternative to the iconic original finish while being acoustically, electrically, and mechanically identical.
The RE20 dynamic cardioid microphone is truly an industry standard, a firm favorite for broadcasting, podcasting, and sound engineering worldwide. Its popularity also extends into music production as a premium grade instrument microphone. Its Variable-D design and heavy-duty internal pop filter excel for close-in voice work, while an internal element shock-mount reduces vibration-induced noise.
- New color option for the classic RE20 broadcast microphone
- Elegant, low-reflection dark charcoal finish
- Unique Variable-D design allows users to work naturally around the mic at varying distances while ensuring full, smooth sound quality
- The classic sound of FM radio voices
- Smooth, natural, and controlled sonic character
- Variable-D for minimal proximity effect
- True cardioid with no coloration at 180-degrees off-axis
- Voice tailored frequency response
- Studio condenser-like performance
- Large-diaphragm dynamic element
- Humbucking coil guards against line hum
- Mid-bass tone-shaping switch
- Element Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 45 Hz - 18,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Impedance: 150 ohms balanced
- Sensitivity, Open Circuit Voltage, 1 kHz: 1.5 mV/pascal
- Hum Pickup Level, typical (60 Hz/1 millioersted field): -130 dBm
- Polarity: Pin 2 will be positive referenced to Pin 3 with positive pressure on the diaphragm
- Case Material: Steel
- Finish: Fawn beige
- Dimensions: Length = 8.53" (216.7 mm) Widest Diameter = 2.14" (54.4 mm) Body Diameter = 1.94" (49.2 mm)
- Net Weight: 1 lb, 10 oz (737 g)
- Shipping Weight: 3 lb, 4 oz (1474 g)
- Accessories Included: 81715 stand clamp
- Optional Accessories: 309A shock-mounted stand adapter for use with a floor stand or recording boom
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.