Get Headphones Designed For Today's Contemporary Music Production - The Austrian Audio HI-X55 Over-Ear Headphones
The engineers at Austrian Audio have designed and produced some of the world's most acclaimed headphones and drivers. When it came time to create this special family of professional headphones, Austrian Audio took all the time needed to create them and to exceed many of the goals and challenges that came before.
Introducing the new professional Hi-X (High Excursion) headphones from Austrian Audio. Whether you choose the Hi-X50 or Hi-X55, know that you are getting "Made in Austria" quality from a team that stands behind this all-new design. You won’t find off the shelf drivers and key components here - everything is crafted by Austrian Audio right here in Austria.
High Excursion Technology
Exacting science, measurements and listening tests have demonstrated that 44mm is the optimum size for this design. It ensures professional performance in the Hi-X, moves a lot of air, and eliminates ‘wobbling’ of the diaphragm. This is akin to damping of the driver mass, which is where their proprietary membrane really shows results: it is ultra-stiff while still reducing unwanted resonance.
- High Excursion proprietary drivers: Designed for today's contemporary music production
- Detachable cable: For replaceability, compact portability and safety from damage
- Furnished with 3.5mm (1/8 inch) to 6.3mm (1/4 inch) adapter: Pro or on-the-go
- All metal hinges and bow for maximum durability: Ensuring maximum durability and stability
- Foldable construction: For maximum portability and easy storage
- Soft slow retention memory foam earpads: Providing greatest comfort during long sessions
- Frequency range: 5 Hz - 28 kHz
- Sensitivity: 118dBspl/V
- THD (@ 1kHz): < 0.1%
- Impedance: 25 ohms
- Input Power: 150 mW
- Cable (detachable): 3m
- Connector: 3.5mm (1/8")
- Adapter (included): 3.5mm to 6.3mm (1/8" to 1/4")
- Dimensions: 300 x 170 x 85 mm
- Weight (without cable): 305g
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.