*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Get A Professional Sound Quality From Your Home Recordings With The Apogee HypeMiC Cardioid USB Condenser Microphone
Ever wonder how your favorite recordings seem to leap from the speaker, with vocals that magically float above even a dense background track? That's compression. HypeMiC features studio-quality analog compression that's easy to use and brings the magic to your vocals, voice-overs, instruments, percussion, and podcasts - anything you record! With HypeMiC and your iPhone or computer, you can make amazing recordings on the go.
HypeMiC's unique analog compression enhances vocals like no other microphone. The three compression settings available in HypeMiC give you a truly balanced and "mixed" recording, reducing the need for extensive processing and mixing. Capturing your perfect take has never been easier.
HypeMiC brings a new level of smoothness and warmth to acoustic instrument recording. Varying compression levels allow you to capture the fullest tone of your instrument without compromise. Built for high SPL levels, HypeMiC provides greater clarity and detail when recording loud acoustic instruments from drums to horns to choirs.
Podcasts, Voiceovers, Interviews, YouTube Performances, Live Streaming, and Conference Calls
Ideal for live streaming, podcasts and broadcasts, HypeMiC balances audio dynamics for greater clarity resulting in better "broadcast ready" recordings. HypeMiC is compatible with any Mac/PC and iOS app that allows you to select an audio device so you're never without a pro studio when you are on the go.
HypeMiC Analog Output
HypeMiC is an awesome way to introduce new sounds into your recordings and mixes. You can send audio out of the HypeMiC stereo output into a mixer, audio interface and stand-alone recorder to capture the unique and bold sound of HypeMiC's compression settings.
HypeMiC offers 3 analog compression settings, all accessible from the front panel control knob:
- Shape it (least) - The minimal amount of compression, great for shaping the vocals and instruments in your music recordings
- Squeeze it (Medium) - Great for podcasts, interviews and streaming when you want to squeeze a little more pop out of your voice
- Smash it (High) - Great for voice recording when you really want to smash it for that big broadcast sound
Try all settings with any source and adjust to your taste. Set your level before you select your compression setting and remember that compression will accentuate any noise that's around you while you are recording.
Sing Without Delay
Like its cousins, Jam+ and MiC+, HypeMiC also features an 1/8 inch stereo headphone output and Blend function for zero latency monitoring. The Blend button allows you to easily adjust how much direct signal input (sound going into the microphone) you hear mixed with software playback (sound coming out of your computer), enabling you to dial in the perfect mix.
Listen With More Level
Whether you're monitoring as you play and record with your favorite app, or streaming audio, the stereo output on HypeMiC dramatically improves the playback quality of your audio. With high resolution sample rates up to 96k and ample headroom, HypeMiC delivers incredible clarity and plenty of volume to your headphones or powered speakers.
- Studio-quality analog compressor
- PureDIGITAL connection for pristine sound quality up to 24-bit/96kHz
- Premium cardioid condenser microphone capsule
- Headphone output with Blend feature offers zero latency recording
- Premium accessories kit includes tripod, pop filter and carrying case
- No configuration required, just plug in and record with any audio app
- Works with iOS, Mac and PC
- Input Type: Micro USB
- Connections: Lightning, USB (Type-C), USB (Type-A)
- Length: 4.88 inch / 124 mm
- Width: 1.5 inch / 38 mm
- Depth: 1.5 inch / 38 mm
- Weight: 0.45 lb / 0.20 kg
A/D Conversion and Mic Preamp
- Max SPL: 130dB (1% THD at 1kHz)
- Sensitivity: -36 dBfs (94 dB SPL. 1 kHz)
- Noise Level: -108dBfs (A) at 0 dB gain
- Max Gain of Preamp: 46 dB
- Mac OS 10.9 or later
- Computer: Mac, with an Intel processor
- Memory: 2 GB of RAM minimum
- Connection/Power: USB port on computer
- Windows 10
- Computer: Windows PC with Intel/AMD x86-64 processor
- Memory: 4 GB of RAM minimum
- Connection/Power: USB port on computer
- iOS 9 or later
- Connection: Lightning
- Power: From iOS device
- Compatible With: iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPad Pro 10.5-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 9.7-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini, iPad (6th generation), iPad (5th generation), iPad (4th generation), iPod touch (6th generation), iPod touch (5th generation)
Included in Box
- Apogee HypeMiC
- Desktop tripod
- Microphone stand adapter
- Pop filter
- Carry case
- Micro-USB to USB-C cable
- Micro-USB to USB-A cable
- Micro B-to-Lightning cable
- Quick start guide
Model: HYPE MIC
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.