Get The Next Level in Audio Recording - The Zoom H4n Pro Handy Recorder
The New Zoom H4n Pro isn't just improved, it's superior in every way. With advanced X/Y microphones, incredibly natural-sounding preamps, and a super-low noise floor, you can record everything from the Indy 500 to the fluttering of a hummingbird with extraordinary realism.
THE FILMMAKERËÇÖS FAVORITE
The H4n Pro is packed with features that make it perfect for capturing audio for film. The onboard X/Y microphones deliver spectacular stereo imaging, and two combo input jacks allow you to use your favorite microphones as well. It also includes a head-phone/line out jack to easily send high-definition stereo directly to your camera.
UNMATCHED IN CONCERT
The Pro is perfect for capturing live performances. Capable of handling up to 140 dB SPL, it can record everything from ear-splitting heavy metal to bass-heavy EDM. Take a line-level* stereo feed from your mixing console and capture room ambience with the X/Y microphones to put your listeners front row center.
* +4dBu line-level is not supported.
HIGH-PERFORMANCE MIC PREAMPS
The Pro features the same high performance, low-noise mic preamps as our acclaimed Zoom H5 and H6 Handy Recorders, with recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. The improved noise floor (-120 dBu EIN) captures audio at lower vol-umes with less noise and fewer artifacts.
BUILT-IN STEREO RECORDING
X/Y stereo recording covers a wide area while capturing sound sources in the center with clarity and definition. The angle of its two unidirectional condenser mics can easily be changed from 90 degrees for a tightly focused stereo image to 120 degrees for a wider image.
The H4n Pro provides an onboard MS decoder for Mid-Side recording with external micro-phones. This allows you to adjust the width of the stereo image, making it especially useful for sound design and broadcasting.
INPUTS AND OUTPUTS
The two locking combo connectors accept either XLR or ’Œ-------------" balanced/unbalanced phone cables, handling mic- and line-level signals as well as instrument-level signals. Phantom Power of +24 or +48 volts can be applied to both inputs. Plus, thereËÇÖs a stereo 1/8ËÇ¥ Mic jack for external audio sources, including lavalier microphones requiring 2.5 volts of plug-in power.
A stereo “óËÇªËÇŠ-------------" Line/Phone Out with dedicated volume control allows for headphone monitoring or connection to your DSLR, while the built-in monophonic speaker allows for quick playback reference. In addition, a USB port enables fast file transfer, firmware updates, and use as a 2-in/2-out audio interface for computers.
A new rubberized, ergonomic body is perfect for use in the field or with a camera, while new locking XLR/TRS connectors ensure your mic cables stay secure. Highly portable, the H4n Pro can travel anywhere for convenient mobile recording.
THREE RECORDING MODES
STEREO MODE uses the built-in X/Y microphones (or external mics) and is convenient for re-cording live performances, acoustic instruments, dialogue, and more.
In 4CH MODE, you can record with the built-in X/Y mics and two external inputs simultaneously, great for getting live room sound and a stereo board feed at the same time.
MTR MODE (Multi-track Mode) turns your device into a four-track studio, with built-in effects, overdub functions, and the ability to work with previously recorded sound files.
PODCASTERS AND JOURNALISTS
The H4n Pro provides the essential combination of micËÇÖing versatility, portability, and superior audio necessary for impactful storytelling. With support
- Four-track simultaneous recording
- High-fidelity mic preamps
- Built-in X/Y stereo microphones, adjustable between 90 degrees and 120 degrees
- Record up to 140 dB SPL with X/Y microphones
- Two mic/line level inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Stereo 1/8-------------" Mic In mini phone jack
- +24 or +48V phantom power for main inputs and Plug-in power (2.5V) via Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Output/headphone jack with dedicated volume control
- New rubberized and ergonomic body with improved 1.9 inch backlit LCD display
- Built-in reference speaker for fast playback
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Onboard Mid-Side decoding
- Internal mixdown: four-track to stereo and stereo to dual mono
- Up to 99 marks per recording
- Built-in effects, including compression/limiting, low-cut filtering, modulation, re-verb/delay and amp models
- Normalize (maximum gain) and Divide (file splitting) functions
- Chromatic tuner and metronome
- Loop playback with user-defined start and stop points
- Variable playback speed, from 50% to 150%, without affecting pitch
- Variable pitch without affecting playback speed
- USB port for file transfer to and from computer
- 2-in/2-out USB audio interface for PC/Mac computers
- Mounts to mic stand or tripod, or directly to DSLR with optional Hot Shoe adapter
- Runs on 2 standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries with up to 6 hours of operation (up to 10 hours in Stamina mode
- Number of simultaneous recording tracks: 2 (STEREO mode), 4 (4CH mode), 2 (MTR mode)
- Number of simultaneous playback tracks: 2 (STEREO mode), 4 (4CH mode), 4 (MTR mode)
- Recording time 4 GB (SDHC): Approx. 380 minutes (WAV 44.1 kHz / 16-bit stereo track)
- Approx. 68 hours (MP3 44.1 kHz / 128 kbps stereo track)
- Maximum number of simultaneous recording files size: 2 GB
- Projects: 1000/card
- Locate function: Hours/Minutes/Seconds/Milliseconds
- Other functions: Punch-in/out, Bounce, A-B repeat
- Effects modules: 2
- STEREO / 4CH Mode: LO CUT, COMP/LIMITER
- MTR Mode: PRE AMP module, EFX module
- Types: 53
- Patches: 60
- Tuners: Chromatic, Guitar, Bass, Open A/D/E/G, DADGAD
- Metronome sound sources: 5
- Variable beat: 1/4 - 8/4, 6/8, unaccentuated
- Tempo: 40.0 - 250.0 BPM
- A/D conversion: 24-bit “ù 128 oversampling
- D/A conversion: 24-bit “ù 128 oversampling
- Recording media: SD card (16 MB ËÇô 2 GB), SDHC card (4 GB ËÇô 32 GB)
- Display: 128 x 64 dots Full-dot backlit LCD
- DATA TYPE - WAV FORMAT (RECORD/PLAY)
- Quantization: 16- / 24-bit
- Sampling frequency: 44.1 / 48 / 96 kHz
- DATA TYPE - MP3 FORMAT (RECORDING)
- Bit rate: 48, 56, 64, 80, 96, 112, 128, 160, 192, 224, 256, 320 kbps, VBR
- Sampling frequency: 44.1 kHz
- DATA TYPE - MP3 FORMAT (PLAYBACK)
- Bit rate: 32, 40, 48, 56, 64, 80, 96, 112, 128, 160, 192, 224, 256, 320 kbps, VBR
- Sampling frequency: 44.1 / 48 kHz
- Input  :
Manufacturer: Zoom Corporation
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details