Universal Audio & Shure Team Up to Provide a Powerful Recording Experience
Universal Audio and Shure have bundled staple interfaces from UA's Apollo line - classics with a fresh Heritage Edition release - and Shure's industry standard-setting studio equipment, to provide a recording kit series that can meet even the most demanding recording specifications.
- 1x Apollo Twin X DUO Heritage Edition Audio Interface
- 1x Shure SM7B Dynamic Studio Microphone
- 1x Pair of SRH440 Closed-Back Studio Headphones
- 1x Chuck Levin's 25ft XLR Microphone Cable
- 6x UA-Shure SM7B Console Channel Strip Presets
Apollo Twin X DUO Heritage Edition
Apollo Twin X allows musicians and producers to easily track, overdub, and mix with elite-class A/D and D/A conversion, two Unison-enabled preamps, and QUAD Core realtime UAD plug-in processing - all in a desktop Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows.
Built upon UA’s 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, Apollo Twin X confidently outperforms everything in its class with 127 dB D/A dynamic range, along with an included bundle of UAD analog emulation plug-ins and LUNA Recording System, and now you can enjoy all of the new Apollo Heritage Desktop Edition Collections from Teletronix,® Fairchild,® Pultec,® Helios,® and UA, right on your desktop.
- Desktop 10 x 6 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows with elite A/D and D/A conversion
- Available UAD-2 DUO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency
- 2 Unison mic preamps offer stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stomp boxes
- Includes access to LUNA Recording System for a fully-integrated, analog inspired Apollo workflow
- Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Improved monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- Front-panel Unison™-enabled Hi-Z instrument input and headphone out
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical ADAT or S/PDIF
- Includes both "Realtime Analog Classics" and new "Heritage Edition" UAD plug-in bundle.
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, and AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support
5 Exclusive UA-Shure Premium Heritage Edition Plug-ins!
Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection
The LA-2A is the first-choice compressor for sublime optical tube compression. This collection gives you three landmark plug‑in versions of the classic Teletronix LA-2A hardware, perfect for smooth dynamics control of vocals, bass, drums and more.
Pultec Passive EQ Collection
Pultec passive tube-based equalizers are the gold standard in warm, musical equalization. This collection gives you all three Pultec equalizers with their uncanny boosting and tightening effects - especially ideal on vocals, bass guitar, and kick drums.
1176 Classic Limiter Collection
The 1176 is many producers' “desert island\" compressor - adding its signature character and ultra-fast FET limiting to create punchy drums, platinum-sounding vocals, and fat bass, guitar, and keyboard tracks. This Collection gives you access to three distinct 1176 emulations, and is widely regarded as the world's most authentic 1176 plug‑in collection.
Pure Plate Reverb
Easily add natural depth and shimmer with UA's renowned plate reverb modeling. Pure Plate Reverb lets you quickly harness the organic sound of this classic effect on vocals, guitars, strings, and synths, giving you a lush, satisfying space that gently flatters any source.
UA 610 Tube Preamp & EQ Collection
UA's iconic 610 tube preamps offer rich harmonic detail and warmth, making everything they touch feel instantly "classic." The Unison-enabled 610-A and 610-B models in this collection let you craft vocal, guitar, and bass tracks with the presence, warmth, and body heard on records ranging from Ray Charles to Arcade Fire to Van Halen.
6 Dedicated Shure SM7B Console Channel Strip Presets
Exclusive to this special bundle offering from United Audio and Shure, these 6 new UA Channel Strip Presets downloads focus on Unison mic preamps with basic filtering, EQ, and Dynamics processing. Use these presets as your “starting points” to build your best SM7B tone - free for download with this special bundle! Click here for more details.
Shure SM7B Microphone - Pro Quality and Clarity
The wide-range frequency response of the SM7B preserves the natural beauty of the sound it captures. With its detailed audio profile, words may travel far, but they always arrive at their destination with quality and clarity intact. The air suspension shock isolation and the pop filter eliminate both mechanical noise and breathiness, so words get through and the rest stays out of the mix. Shure added advanced electromagnetic shielding to defeat hum from computer monitors and other studio equipment. A detachable close-talk windscreen and switch cover plate are included.
Shure SRH440 Headphones - Calibrated for Professional Audio
The SRH440 Professional Studio Headphones from Shure provide exceptional sound reproduction and comfort. Optimized for home and studio recording, SRH440 headphones reproduce accurate audio across an extended range. Impedance, power handling and sensitivity are all calibrated for professional audio devices such as DJ mixers, mixing consoles, and headphone amplifier. Includes carrying bag and threaded 1/4" (6.3mm) gold plated adapter.
Apollo Twin X DUO System Requirements
- Available Thunderbolt 1, 2, or 3 port
- Thunderbolt 1 and 2 connections require an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter (not included)
- macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.13 High Sierra, 10.14 Mojave, 10.15 Catalina, or 11 Big Sur
- PC computer with available Thunderbolt 3 port
- Windows 10 (64-Bit Edition)
- Thunderbolt 3 cable (not included)
- 6 gigabytes available storage
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software
- Quad Core i7 or better processor recommended
- Cartridge: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Bass rolloff and mid-range emphasis controls
- A7WS Detachable windscreen and RPM602 Switch Cover Plate included
- Transducer type: Dynamic neodymium magnet
- Driver size: 40 mm
- Sensitivity (1kHz): 105 dB
- Impedance (1kHz): 44
- Max. input power (1kHz): 500 mW
- Frequency range: 10 Hz - 22 kHz
- Net weight (without cable): 0.6 lb (181 g)
- Shipping weight: 1.55 lbs (612 g)
- Length of cable: 3 meters (9.84 ft)
- Type of cable: Detachable coiled oxygen-free copper
- Plug: Gold-plated 1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo mini jack
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.